From the day your tiny wee little feet hit Earth, you were (and still are) sponging in information at a rate of something like 400 billion bits of sensory pieces per second. Not per hour, or per minute but per second.
Thank gosh for filtration systems, because you only receive about 2,000 of those, it would be overwhelming otherwise right!
Because you were busy sponging away learning how to be, who your going to be, what you can and can't do, what the world is like, what people are like etc....you get my drift right? Your learning all these beliefs about yourself, others and things.
Because your integrating it at such rapid speed, it's totally understandable that some information makes it through and becomes your truth, that ideally you really don't want.
Some people you learnt from were wounded. Wounded by their own experiences of life, their own belief systems, judgement, opinions and comparisons. And so as they are telling you about who you are and how the world is, you were getting this very distorted and untrue version of reality.
And sometimes in order to heal you and love you deeply, you have to recognise that you were taught by really wounded people....and that's OK.
Just recognising and knowing that they are human also and on their own individual journey too....This is not about poking judgement towards them. It's about freeing yourself so you can live truthfully for you! and most authentically for yourself.
You can declare that you will look at what you were taught about armouring up by using masks. A declaration is a powerful thing and once you declare something it will unfold on a journey all of it's own.
Your aim is to cast asid unhealthy teachings you were taught by wounded people and remove the masks you subconsciously adopted and wear when you feel threatened, fearful, inadequate, shy, angry, unloved, abandoned, vindicated, wounded, hateful etc.
These masks (identities) manifest as your internal and external words, behaviours, patterns, habits and beliefs. Masks can also be clothing, hats, glasses, makeup, tatoos...anything a person uses to hide behind and mask their true self.
Some examples of masks are
* When I was younger I did a short stint in marketing for a newspaper. One of the ladies who worked there wore her sunglasses on top of her head. She had been repeatedly asked to take them off at work but she persisted, ignoring the plea from our boss lady. I asked her one day how it made her feel to wear them and she said (I'm paraphrasing, it was like 1995), "It makes me feel important. I always feel like I'm busy and 'on the run', like I've got important things to do"
The glasses were a mask, and when wearing them she adopted a mask of "I'm important". Obviously the issue is how unimportant and unloved she felt.
* I worked with a lady who would name drop often. She was hiding her own insecurities through wearing the mask of "I know this person"...."I meet this person and had my photo taken with him"
* Bullies are wounded and they don;t feel safe in their own power. They wear the mask of the bully to feel strong and safe.
* The mask of Anger can come out when your not feeling like the world (or people) loves you and accepts you totally as you are.
* The mask of extravagance or expensiveness often hides huge debt and a out of balance bank account. Often people have lifestyles they can't afford, they pretend everything is fine at work and in their finances to fiercely defend their mask of 'Wealth'
* And a common one is to portray a mask of 'Marriage harmony'...it's the everything is great bullshit, when in truth there has been distance for months and things are only getting worse, not better.
We are taught to not show our true self, when in actual fact.....that's when your going to be your happiest.
As I said earlier, just becoming consciously aware of some of these masks and behaviours will go along way to unburdening you from the them. You can also sign up to the My Incredible Orbit community where we really go in depth on concepts like this and all things, whole healthcare, happiness, life and creativity. Or we might be a good fit to work one on one together. You can check it out here Working with me.
Don't feel bad about your masks, everyone has them...I have them!
Remember mostly they came from wounded people and at the time, you were not equipped to selectively pick and choose who and how you got our identity from.
It's totally in your power to choose that now though. You get to affirm some boundaries and decide what you willing to accept as truth about yourself and the world around you.
And don't forget to have loads of fun with that. life really is meant to be this big adventure where you enJOY all aspects of it each day. And remember your going to be your most happiest when you totally being YOU.
All my best
Knowledge sharer, wisdom bringer, light shiner and fierce supporter of you and your journey.
Jacquie advocates for people's potential, and the return journey to Self- she shares her knowledge in all things healthcare, consciousness and body psychology whilst inspiring people to be the most exceptional version of themselves that they can possibly be.
Through private treatment sessions, seminars, workshops based in integrated consciousness healthcare and founder of the My Incredible Orbit community that gets you the powerful results you so deeply desire.
Consciousness based healthcare, where the best version of you and your journey towards a sensational life awaits you.